Sunday, November 11, 2007

Manchester - Glasgow - Sheffield - Yeovil

Nothing crazy to report really. The last few days have been pretty standard touring routine. Get up, load in, soundcheck, hang out, play a show, go to sleep. But anyway..

Manchester - It was rainy as hell this day, typical english weather. I went for a walk with some bros around the city, bought a new pair of jeans since I accidentally left a pair in Germany. Went to Pizza Express with a bunch of bros for dinner. Pizza express is this gourmet pizza restaraunt chain that is all over the U.K. They actually serve amazing pizza by U.K. standards. We always try to hit up pizza express as much as possible when we're over there because we usually don't get served the best food at the venues in the U.K. See, with tours in Europe it's in the bands' contract that the promoter and venue provide dinner for all the bands on the tour. The food is usually either hit or miss. In the U.K. it's usually always a miss. So pizza express is essential to our survival. The show was mindblowing. Parkway Drive make everyone else look like little girls. Our set was pretty amazing as well. I slipped on a the stage and landed face first, which provided me and everyone else with a good laugh or two. Chilled with bros after the show then went to sleep.

Glasgow- Started off the day walking around the city with Travis (This Is Hell) and Casey. Bought a gingerbread latte at a coffee shop that was pretty gross. It was abosulutely freezing in Scotland. All of the bands had one tiny dressing room to share, so we all squeezed into it and had some good laughs and hang sessions. Show was alright. I didn't have much energy because of going crazy during our show the night before. Went to sleep a couple hours after the show, dudes stayed up and partied.


Glasgow

Sheffield - Took a shower at the venue when we arrived to the club - I hadn't had one in three days, blech. Got a coffee from a place that sold Byron Bay cookies, which was cool. I bought one later and it was delicious. Soundchecked and then Casey, Puc and I went to Pizza Express. Destroyed some pizza and then went back to the show. Sheffield is usually always an awesome place to play and this night was no different. All the bands had a great reaction. I did a guest vocal apperance for This Is Hell and, my typical luck, the mic broke on me so I just jumped into the crowd like an idiot and sang along with kids. Managed to give myself a nasty little cut on my leg from the barricade too. Good times. We played a new song "Industry Standards" and it went really well. This is one of the rare songs that we actually sing instead of scream and I do some of the singing myself. I was nervous but I think it went pretty well. After the show, got some fish and chips with Liam(Cancer Bats) and Casey. Came back to the bus and had a rad bro down session with Casey and Liam. Went to bed and watched The Lion, The witch and The wardrobe.

Yeovil - I had never even heard of this city before we played it, but it's a nice little town in the middle of nowhere which has a surprisingly decent music scene. Started off the day walking around with Jed (parkway drive merch guy and Rosie's older brother), Casey, Winston, and Luke (all parkway drive dudes). Got some food and Marks and Spencer, an awesome grocery store. Walked around some more with Jed and Casey, got some coffee and the bought The Wind That Shakes The Barley on DVD, a movie about the IRA and the Irish Civil War, which I have yet to watched but I'm stoked. Check it -
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_wind_that_shakes_the_barley/ . A pub across the street form the club was providing food for us for free. We could choose anything on the menu. I chose Surf and Turf. Got my steak medium rare with shrimp. Not everyday you get a free surf and turf. It was delicious. The show was absolute chaos. The stage was less than a foot tall and there was no barricade. My guest vocal apperance for This Is Hell went better this show. Every set for every band was great. Our set was mental. There were two security guards, Nanouk(tour manager) and Puc(our bro) all up front trying as hard as they could to keep kids from falling all over us and our gear. It was hysterical. I'll post photos when I get them. Probably the craziest show on the tour besides Moscow. After the show, hung out with dudes and then took a sleeping pill since we were taking the ferry and there have beens some crazy storms in Europe lately, resulting in rough seas. Once again, I stayed asleep during the ride. Good times.




This Is Hell - Yeovil


Cancer Bats dudes at dinner in Yeovil.


Cool mural of Morrissey at the club in Yeovil

Now we're in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Casey and I had amazing coffee and bagels this morning. Probably one of the best coffees i've had in a while. Now i'm just chillin on the bus writing this thing. Show starts soon then we're off to one of my favorite European cities - Paris! See you then, kids.





Check these dudes out -

Parkway Drive - myspace.com/parkwaydrive
Cancer Bats - myspace.com/cancerbats
This Is Hell - myspace.com/thisishell
The Warriors - myspace.com/thewarriors

No comments: