Thursday, November 8, 2007

London

London was a fun day, which was nice considering it was my birthday. The day started off like usual - loading in, soundchecking, hanging out, etc. We played the Electric Ballroom in Camden Town, probably one of the nicer venues we've played in London. We took care of all of our soundchecking business and then Casey and I left to do one of my favorite things on tour - laundry. A woman who worked at venue said that she could bring us to the closest laundromat if we needed and Casey and I definitely needed it, so we jumped at the chance. While our clothes were being washed, I decided to check out Camden, which is very colorful neighborhood full of interesting people from all walks of life. Camden is also known for its numerous markets that sell everything from indian food to obviously pirated Morrissey shirts and fake designer clothes. Think a bigger Maxwell Street Market (to all the Chicagoans who may be reading this).





A couple hours later with our laundry freshly cleaned, we decided to make the trek to the Soho neighborhood and go to our favorite London eateries - Hummus Bros. Hummus Bros is a wonderful restaraunt that serves large bowls of fresh hummus with toppings of your choice along with pipping hot straight-out-of-the-oven pita bread. Doesn't sound too amazing. But it's amazing compared to usual european tour food - bread, cheese, sandwiches, and bread and cheese sandwiches. Soho was pretty far from Camden, so we had to take the Tube (subway) which made it a smooth effortless journey. We arrived at Hummus Bros stoked out of our. I ordered my hummus with a gaucamole topping and a ginger mint lemonade. Casey got his hummus with an italian sausage casserole and a coke. Since it was my birthday, we decided to split a large brownie with ice cream, which was mindblowing. So it ended up being a most righteous birthday dinner.






The show was a banger. Every band had a great reaction, there were tons of friends hanging out, lots of birthday wishes for yours truly. Spekaing of which, Nanouk even organized to get a birthday cake for me. During parkway drive, I was ushered into one of the backstage rooms where everyone was waiting for me with a cake and all wished me a happy birthday. Good times. Our set went great, complete with huge sing alongs to close the night. There was an aferparty for the show set up at a bar across the street so all of us went over there and had a raging good time. Now, I don't dance - but something got into me and I was dancing up a storm with all the bros on the tour and some randoms. Lots birthday wishes were given and a few cokes and orange juices were bought for this guy. I was even double fisting it for a while. We all wore our throats down from laughing, yelling, and just given'r all night. Best thing about the night was that our buses were parked right across the street so when I had had enough, I just crawled into my bunk and fell into a peaceful sleep. Best birthday I've had in a while.


(By the way, the guys call me K-Piss cause i guess my expletive of choice is "piss!" Don't ask me why.)







2 comments:

stacey said...

your hair is "long"

Lady of the Manor said...

you look wasted in some of these shots... you party animal! Happy birthday heeem!