Monday, November 5, 2007

Anarchy in the UK - Brighton, England

The show is brussels ended up being pretty dope. Every band killed it once again making for a fun night. By the time we got up to play our set it was super hot and muggy. The stage was really slippery and I nearly ate it a few time, so I restrained myself from moving around too much to avoid any faceplants. I was pretty wrecked after the show so I called it a night and retired to my bunk to finish watching transformers before falling asleep. At about 5am, we were awoken at the border to the U.K. where we had to fill out a form and go through customs. We all got through with no problems. Our next move was for our bus to board the ferry to England, so I made sure to borrow a sleeping pill so that I would be passed out while on the ferry. See, I get really seasick and I had an unforunate vomiting episode on a ferry the first time I came to Europe. Since we have the option of either getting off the bus and hanging out on the ferry or staying in our bunks to sleep, I usually stay in my bunk and take something to knock me out so that I don't repeat that incident. So i'm stoked to report that I survived another ferry ride with no ralphing - complete success.

Today I woke up and found that the our bus was parked in front of the venue which happened to be right on the ocean. So I got dressed and took a little stroll down to the beach, which was all rocks and no sand, and had a relaxing morning.





When I got back to the bus, I helped everyone load in and just chilled for a while. The club here in Brighton is situated in a unique place. It sits right on a boardwalk that leads to a large pier with an amusment park on it. After soundcheck and a quick snack I got together with Casey, Charlie from the warriors, and Gia, Luke and Jeff from parkway drive and went for a walk down to the pier. It was a little chilly, but we had a scenic walk to the pier at sunset. Gia had his sights set on a big ride that was basically a huge arm that swung in circles high above the pier. He and Charlie rode that and then Gia and I went on a ride called 'Horror Hotel' which was a haunted house that you go through on a cart. The ride malfunctioned before we entered it, so we sat there for 15 minutes while they tried to figure out what the hell was going on. This was great because it allowed me and Gia to have a some quality alone time. We sat there, all alone, about to eneter the Horror Hotel and wondered how different our lives might be after having experienced the horror hotel. What lay ahead of us? Would it be the ghosts of disgruntled maids, zombie bell hops ready to devour our brains, disembodied desk clerks??!! Finally, the ride was operational again, the swtich was flipped, and the doors opened to reveal.....the worst ride ever. A big plastic spider covered in florescent paint, a plastic skeleton wearing a tattered shirt and another such frights. It was fine though, we weren't expecting much to begin with. It ended up giving us a good laugh though, so whatever. After our exhilirating rides, we made the walk back to the club, ate some dinner and now we're just chillin. The Warriors and bringing the rock and i'm gonna go watch them. Peace.

















1 comment:

Lady of the Manor said...

Hi Heeem! i loved your last blog...so descriptive. I was gonna ask you about that theme park on the pier when we spoke on the phone, I thought I remembered seeing it there. Glad I didn't try it out though, sounds disasterous. A little FYI.. It's "Jia", K heem?
But I hope you have a super duper birthday and I'm excited to hear all about what you got up to in London. Hope the weather hold up for you. Love you, xxx heem